The circulation policy of the Library follows the procedures and conditions set below.
|Users||Books||Periodicals||Audio Visual Materials||Bounded journals|
|Quantity||Loan Period||Quantity||Loan Period||Quantity||Loan Period||Quantity||Loan Period|
|Faculty||5||90 days||3||5 days||2||10 days||1||5 days|
|Staff||3||30 days||/||/||2||5 days||/||/|
|Students||3||10 days||/||/||2||5 days||/||/|
- Resources are issued within the issue duration limit of the user.
- The user should get the materials duly issued at the Circulation Counter or at the Self-Checkout
- The materials should be collected in person.
- The latest issues of the journals will not be issued.
- Annual reports and Career guides are issued for two days.
- The reserved resource should be collected from ACM Library within 24 hours after intimation. Otherwise the reservation stands cancelled.
- Resources can be reserved only when they are on loan.
- The availability of the reserved item would be communicated through e-mail.
- Books should be returned on or before the due date.
- Automatic reminders would be sent to the User accordingly.
- Books can be renewed once for 10 days if there is no reservation against the particular item.
- Journals and AV resources loans will not be renewed.
Lost / Damaged Resources
- The Users should replace the resource at his/her own expense within 30 days.
- If the user fails to replace the loaned item within the stipulated time, the Library would initiate the purchase thereof and the user would be charged the actual cost of the resource plus 20% additional charge depending on the type of the resources.